- Processus spinosus C3-Th3 via lig. nuchae
- Mastoideus process
- Nuchae superior line
- C1-C5 Rr. Dorsal
- Ipsilateral rotation of the cervical spine
- Lateral flexion of cervical spine
- Extension of the cervical spine
The muscle lies below the M. Trapezius. It is thin and flat.
- Often involved in “gamnacke” as it is abbreviated.
- May cause trigger points and pain in the scalp.
Treatment recommendations r
- Dry needling
- Stretch (home stretch and by therapist)
- Cervical traction
- Heating / Cooling